Villa de Alpacas is home to the last Victorian Carriage House and Stable in PG County. It was painstakingly restored by Tom Moore of Sterling Millworks, a custom woodworking shop operating right on our farm. Please call ahead for a visit! Both our FeltLOOM™ studio and millwork shop are available for tours.
Villa De Sales, built in 1877-1878, is a large five-by-three bay, three-story frame High Victorian Gothic dwelling with a two-story south service wing, located at Aquasco, Prince George’s County, Maryland. The historic home is significant for its architectural character which includes a complex of six 19th century outbuildings. This architectural style is an unusual one in Southern Maryland, an area heavily agricultural historically. The large size of the house, the decorative slate roof, amount and variety of cornice and gable trusses, brackets, and pendants; and the well preserved interior with original Gothic Revival-style lighting fixtures and parlor and bedroom furnishings make the house exceptional. In the rear yard are seven domestic and agricultural outbuildings.
The stable is the last remaining High Victorian Gothic barn or stable in Prince George’s County. It was painstakingly restored by Tom Moore of Sterling Millworks, a custom woodworking shop now operating right on our farm.
Villa DeSales was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1988.
Historical photos of Villa de Sales